Monday, September 24, 2012

Life's little Ups and Downs

This is a personal post, but first off I want to say how happy I am because I got asked to do an interview for Cynthia Mermaid's blog!:
http://cynthiamermaid.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/mermaid-mizuko.html
Please pop over and have a read of my interview, and follow her too! She interviews a lot of unique and interesting mermaids (although, what mermaid ISN'T unique or interesting? ;D)

********************************
These last two weeks have been odd- lots of ups and downs. I've been sick, healthy, happy, sad. Gosh, everything! I graduated my course last Wednesday which was so awesome, I was so happy I drove straight to Mikey to pick him up from work to celebrate! ...Only to be pulled over by the police because I had forgotten to pay my rego ><;; So yeah... theres a $400 fine. :/ The rest of the evening I spent crying and sulking because I was so mad at myself and upset that the fine was so expensive! Not a good way to end my graduation! Although at the graduation was the first time I told my fellow class mates that I was a 'mermaid'. lol! Some had already seen the TV interview, but they hadn't said anything. Everyone was really supportive, I even got some offers of help regarding legalities, etc.

Well, anyways!
I thought I would do a little run-down on my life at the moment, using some photos ^_^


A few weeks ago I went to a Retro Fair with my friend, Jessica. I decided to wear something kinda-retro, although I was just dressing up for fun than on-theme! lol!


And the Spring weather started coming! Sunny afternoons and cherry blossoms!


Got the new Barbie movie (The Princess and The Popstar). Wasn't a huge fan of this movie- the animation is getting better with each film, though XD


A group of loli's went out for tea to have a meeting- we are organizing an end of year ball, very exciting! It was just a casual thing, so I didn't wear lolita, but I wanted to feel mermaidy so I wore my scale-dress with a high waisted skirt ^^

We went to this really yummy dessert place afterwards, our icecreams were HUGE!


Finally got some new glasses- my old ones were 5 years old ^^;;; 

Took some funny bad-ass photos in my black mermaid tail for my lens review blog. This one was my favourite- but I REALLY struggle to look bad-ass. haha.


Then this Saturday my lovely friends Kelly and Steph were recording a song, and Kelly had asked if I would sing the chorus! :D Kelly wrote it two years ago but had never gotten around to recording it; its a lolita parody and its AWESOME.
First we went to the Himeji gardens to do a run through! It was quiet and warm there, really lovely.

I got to wear one of my high-low skirts I got from eBay! :D

We met up with Breeana, who was the brains behind all the studio gear (thank so much!) And then we started recording! :D So much fun!

That evening I crashed really early- it was Neko Nation but I didn't have the cash/effort to go (plus no outfit! lol!) but in doing so I missed out on something very important... literally two minutes after I checked Facebook before going to bed, my big sister posted a heart-warming status.
Jack, her partner, had proposed!! XD

I woke up the next day to a msg from her, and found the photo on her Facebook! Their football team (Aussie rules, for anyone interested) had won their Grand Final for the first time in 20 years, and Jack had jokingly said that if they won he'd marry her. Well, turns out he was telling the truth!
I am so so so happy for them! I know they are perfect for each other and they deserve all the happiness in the world! Love you big sis! <3


So Sunday I spent the day cleaning, and making my first mermaid bra!
These are just the progress pics, I am actually going to deco them tonight with pearls and things! ^_^ It is sewn onto an actual bra, but because its skin coloured you cannot see it, cool huh? :D (Excuse the pudgy belly... I got to start working out again XD)


And here are two random photos from Sunday night, our dinner- Kangaroo and chocolate, haha, yes we are strange.


And Mikey being a big kid, playing with a mini helicopter. He's such a cutie <3

So that's a brief catch-up on my life in photos! lol!

************************************

I also purchased some dresses this month, both from a local lolita who was selling all her sweet things!

Milky Planet Special Set
and

this Angelic Pretty hime dress, my first proper hime dress! So happy!

(wrong colour, I cant find the proper colour on Hello Lace :P)
I too am still trying to sell two dresses- my AP Strawberry Ribbon OP in pink and AP Twinkle Tartan Heart Pocket jsk in Pink- but no one is buying at the moment it seems XD (except me- lol!) If you're interested let me know! Haha!

I am also waiting to hear news from Merbellas regarding my tail- I cant wait to hear from them! :D

Well, that's all I can think of for the moment! ^_^
Thank you very much for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment