Monday, December 2, 2013

Adelaide Beauty Bloggers Conference 2013


Adelaide Beauty Bloggers Conference 2013!

Wow! What an awesome day this was! I unfortunately cannot make many of the Adelaide Beauty Blogger meets throughout the year- which really sucks, because the girls involved are so lovely and welcoming! But I made sure to purchase a ticket to the ABBC this year as soon as they were for sale; after how awesome last year was, I did not want to miss out!

This year was a theme I was really interested in: Beauty with a Conscience. This meant it focused on natural, cruelty-free products and nature! At the entrance we were and given cute little name-tags and a raffle ticket for the door prizes.




I was excited to find Christine from http://alyssiumbaby.com/ was attending for the first time! It was great to have a good friend to sit with- although Stephanie from http://jeneara.com/ was an organizer of the event so she was busy running the show! We were given a lovely little booklet which gave us the list of brands for the day, including: Guinot, Davroe, Natures Organics, People for plants and Couleur Caramel.

There was an awesome little wall where we could have outfit shots too!

The first talk of the day was by Guinot, a beautiful skin-care company from Paris. This is where they pulled the first door prize: the winner got to have a facial during the demonstration! Unfortunately the girl who won did not want to accept the prize (as she had to run off soon and needed her makeup on!) so the offer was thrown to the rest of us and Christine was lucky enough to get it!

I was a little jealous of how relaxed Christine looked! Haha!

In the meantime they handed around oils used in facials- we all spent the whole time sniffing the bottles and wiping it into our skin to see what it felt like!

There was a little morning tea- I had consumed most of the watermelon and a green tea before the break was over.

Next was Couleur Caramel and Love Organics- a natural makeup brand! This led into another competition: a makeup competition! We all had 5 minutes at two stations to do our make-up using Couleur Caramel's products, and then winners for most creative, most wearable and judge's favourite would be chosen. I removed my face make-up but left my eye make-up; I'd worked too hard on it that morning to take it off! Haha! But I put on some light concealer and powder, and a tiny bit of blush, and from there stood back and watched Christine finish hers. We both didn't enter the competition, but it was fun none-the-less to try out Couleur Caramel's makeup!

We had another competition- this time using QR Code readers on our phones. Under our chairs were a card with either a picture or the name of a product on it- and we had to find our counterparts amongst the attendees! Luckily for me, I found Kitty from http://misskittycharms.blogspot.com who was my team mate- and we proceeded to run around and scan the codes on our phones. The codes led to questions about beauty brands and natural products! I honestly believe without Kitty I would've been completely useless! Haha! But we WON! There was a big prize pack that we split between us, and rock-paper-sissored for the last bits, haha! I was really happy- I would've never won if not for Kitty! Thank you!! <3


Lunch was served! And I was so hungry I didn't take a photo of my burger... lol! Two Bit Villians catered the delicious lunch with home-made sodas and vegan burgers; and made a gluten-free one specially for myself and other intolerant bloggers! It was really yummy. I think I inhaled it.

With Celeste from http://becoming-beautiful.com/ <3

The last beauty demonstration of the day was the South Australian owned company Davore Haircare. Now, I wont get too into how much I am in love with these products, but lets just say I am never buying another haircare brand again. All natural, no parabens or silicones, and it SMELLS great! They did a demonstration and handed around some of their hair gels for us to play with. At the end they gave us all personalized hair consultations and free products for our hair types- I was blown away with their generosity. I was given an extra product: special shampoo for swimmers, which I have been using religiously since (smells like coconut, yum!). I will certainly write a full blog post just on how awesome this stuff is, seriously.

With Stephanie from http://jeneara.com/ <3

We had another little break, and following this we had a talk from a barrister regarding the legalities of blogging and internet protection. Its actually quite interesting how easy it is to get sued! Haha! But its also easy to avoid: dont steal photos, dont slander or defame people. The laws are there to help and protect- and if you dont follow them, perhaps you should get a good lawyer, haha!

Finally, the moment I had been waiting for arrived: CUPCAKES!
I havn't had a cupcake in over a year since being gluten-free. And thank my lucky stars, there were some gluten-free ones! I ate three and had to stop there because I would've eaten them all if no one was watching... haha! REALLLYYY delicious!
A cute photo with Sherry from http://sherrywoo.com/

Our last talk was with Christina from The Hungry Australian who talked us through photography! I have to admit, I am pretty awful at taking photos, even with a year of basic photography classes thanks to a Graphic Design course- so this was really helpful! I want to try and use her information to improve my photos for future things (even my selfies, haha!). We had a little contest right at the end, to take a photograph of a People for Plants product! I used a micro-look button on my camera to get this look, haha!


And suddenly, it was the end of the day! It went so fast and it was so much fun!

Thank you to all the organizers and sponsors who did such a wonderful job!

Cant wait for next year! <3
XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment